The Universal Energy Field (UEF) permeates all space, all animate and inanimate objects, and connects all appearance of objects to others objects.
Our chakras are the power centers that connect and navigate between the world of our physical, mental, and emotional bodies and the unseen world of energy. First discussed in the ancient Hindu texts as well as many spiritual traditions, including acupuncture, yoga, and meditation, our chakra wellness holds the key to our physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.
In ancient India it was believed that chakras are wheels of energy corresponding to nerve centers in the body. Each chakra contains tangles of nerves and major organs as well as our physical, emotional, and spiritual states of being.
The Human Energy Field (HEF) is the manifestation of the universal energy that is intimately involved with all human life. The HEF can be described as a luminous body that surrounds and interpenetrates the physical body and emits a radiation called an Aura.
The human aura is that part of the Universal Energy Field associated with the human body. The aura is divided into layers, often call bodies.
The main functions of the chakras are as follows:
- To vitalize the auric body and thus the physical body.
- To bring about the development of different aspects of self-consciousness. Each chakra is related to a specific psychological function.
- To transmit energy between the auric fields. Each auric layer has its own set of seven major chakras, each located in the same place on the physical body. Energy is transmitted from one layer of the auric body to the next through passageways in the tips of the chakras. In most humans these tips are sealed. The seals open as a result of spiritual purification work thus the chakras become transmitters of energy from one layer to another.
- Chakra healing is based on total body integration. For well-bring to arise, all layers and centers of our body including the physical, mental, emotional, psychological, spiritual, intellectual, and Divine aspects of the human self.
- The chakras are aligned along the Sushumna, a vertical column corresponding to the human spinal column within which the major chakra system is located.
- The human Endocrine System is one of the body’s major control systems that transmits hormones produced from a series of ductless glands throughout the physical body. The human endocrine system corresponds closely to the positions of the seven major chakras.
- A channel, called a meridian, allows which the subtle energy to flow within the body.
- A blockage of energy along the meridians and chakra system inhibits the smooth even flow of energy throughout the Human Energy Field. These energy disruptions are associated with stagnation and low energy output of the human body and over time may result in dis-ease within the body and mind.
- Working with our chakras we are able to release and remove internal energy blocks which manifest stress, addictions, low self-esteem, money and relationship problems, depression, and chronic pain or illness.
The Major Chakras: Chakra/Name/Color/Main Issue/Body Association
- Root Chakra – Muladhara – Red – Survival and Physical Needs – Bones and Skeletal
- Sacral Chakra – Svadhisthana – Orange – Emotional balance and Sexuality – Sex organs, bladder, prostate
- Solar Plexus – Manipura – Yellow – Personal Power and Self Will – Digestive System
- Heart Chakra – Anahata – Green – Love and Relationships – Heart, Chest, Lungs
- Throat Chakra – Vishuddha – Blue – Communication – Mouth, Throat, Ears
- Third Eye Chakra – Ajna – Indigo – Intuition and Wisdom – Eyes, Base of Skull
- Crown Chakra – Sahasrata – Violet/Gold/White – Spirituality – Upper skull, cerebral cortex, skin
Stones for Chakra Clearing and Balancing
Root Chakra – Garnet
Sacral Chakra – Carnelian
Solar Plexus Chakra – Yellow Topaz
Heart Chakra – Rose Quartz
Throat Chakra – Turquoise
Third Eye Chakra – Lapis Lazuli
Crown Chakra – Amethyst
Foods for Chakra Health
Root Chakra – Red vegetables and fruits, red meats and fish, spices and condiments.
Sacral Chakra – Orange fruits and vegetables, healthy fats, water, seeds, nuts and oils, orange spices, natural sweeteners.
Solar Plexus Chakra – Yellow, golden, and tan foods including fruits, vegetables, spices, condiments, legumes, honey.
Heart Chakra – Green leafy vegetables, cruciferous veggies, sprouts, raw foods, green foods, alfalfa, wheatgrass, chorella, spices, legumes, spirulina, green beans.
Throat Chakra – Sensory relationship with all foods, smelling, tasting, chewing, swallowing, hearing, breathing, talking. Eating prayerfully, aware, in harmony with metabolism. Appreciating the ability to have choices about what goes into your mouth and digestive system.
Third Eye Chakra – Red and purple foods and fruits, berries, vegetables and spices to stimulate and protect, chocolate and other foods to maintain and stabilize moods, healthy foods to enhance concentration, sleep, clarity and focus. The synthesis and detriment of alcohol, caffeine and drugs on the body and brain.
Crown Chakra – Prayer and thankfulness at meals, purifying and detoxing the body, fasting, sunlight, clean fresh air and meditation, silence.
Wheels of Life – Anodea Judith, Ph.D.
The Book of Chakra Healing – Liz Simpson
The Ultimate Guide to Chakras – Athena Perrakis, Ph.D.
Chakras and their Archetypes – Ambika Wauters